Listed among top 10 awesome places for cultural tours, top 10 culturally rich cities or top five most budget-friendly destinations, Hanoi is a must - see destination for your Vietnam holiday as it is gateway to discover Vietnam.
Hanoi has Noi Bai international airport which is just 30km from the city center and tourists can get Vietnam visa on arrival at this airport as well as to travel further to central and southern part of Vietnma or to regional countries such as Laos, Cambodia, Thailand, Myanmar...
Things to see in Hanoi
1. Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum and One Pillar pagoda
2. Temple of Literature
3. Hoan Kiem Lake and Ngoc Son Temple
4. Quan Thanh Temple
5. Tran Quoc Pagoda and the Westlake
6. Museums such as museum of ethnology, history, fine arts, women, military history...
7. Hanoi old quarter
8. Duong Lam ancient village
9. Bat Trang pottery village
10. Perfume pagoda
Things to do in Hanoi
1. Street food tour is highly recommended to taste the best street foods of the world.
2. Cooking class
3. See water puppet
4. Drink draught beer
5. Taste Hanoi coffee
6. Shop around the old quarter
Hanoi tour packages are very nice and good for you to get an overview of Vietnam. However, if you have time, Hanoi can be used as a base to visit other destinations in the north such as Tam Coc, Trang An grottoes, Mai Chau valley, Sapa, Halong bay or Cat Ba island.
Should you want a great Vietnam tours in or from Hanoi, please feel free to contact us as Vivutravel is based here. We are the local and the best tour operator in Vietnam.