Awarded the "Most Attractive Destination in Viet Nam in 2015", Vietnam Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi is an address for an interesting visit in your Hanoi city tour. Opened to public in 1997, this museum has been playing an important role in collecting, introducing, preserving traditional and cultural heritages of 54 ethnic groups living in Vietnam.
What to see?
Indoor exhibition shows visitors some brief information about different ethnic groups such as names, where they live, how they earn a living, how they organise a wedding, funeral, festival, etc.
Outdoor exhibition show visitors some typical houses of some ethnic groups, traditional games, folk music...
With great efforts, Vietnam Museum of Ethnology in Hanoi has won so many awards and ranked 4th in top 25 museums in Asia.
Some other interesting museums in Hanoi:
- Vietnamese Women's Museum
- Vietnam military history museum
- Ho Chi Minh museum
- National museum of Vietnamese history
- Hoa Lu prison
Some other interesting places to see in Hanoi:
- Ho Chi Minh mausoleum
- One pillar pagoda
- Temple of Literature
- Ngoc Son temple and Hoan Kiem lake
- Tran Quoc pagoda
- Quan Thanh temples
Some other interesting activities to do in Hanoi:
- See water puppet show
- Drink cheapest draught beer in Hanoi's old quarter
- Taste black coffee
- Take a walk around the old quarter at weekend and enjoy free traditional music show.
- Try delicious street foods