Forget the past with the Vietnam war, people know about Vietnam as one of the most beautiful country in the world blessed with rich culture, stunning landscape, pristine beaches, world's class heritages or delicious cuisine. However, if you go on Vietnam travel, an authentic Vietnam can be seen on a Vietnam adventure tour. Few days ago, Vietnam was chosen a one of the fifth adventure destination in Asia. If you wonder why and where to gon on this tour, why don't you read our below adventure destinations in Vietnam:
Top destinations for Vietnam adventure tours:
1. Hanoi - This capital city of Vietnam is bustling and crowded, but travellers normally go on pre-arranged tours to visit the main attractions. If you know that Hanoi has some hidden areas, and some uique things to explore, your Vietnam adventure tour in Hanoi is interesting. Our suggested Hanoi tours are walking rail tour for photos, street food tour to taste best dishes of Hanoi, ancient village discovery tour.
2. Cat Ba island - This island is extension of Hlaong bay, famous with Lan Ha bay, Cat Ba national park, Viet Hai fishing village, floating village. Travellers come to Halong bay mainly, but if they continue to Cat Ba for few more days, there are a lot activities there like kayaking, relaxing on unexplored beaches, fishing, trekking through the Cat Ba national park or visiting caves and some historical sites.
3. Phu Luong natural reserve - People on Vietnam family tour stay in Mai Chau on a stilt houses to learn about the life and culture of the White Thai minority, cycle around the villages or to the rice paddy fields, but if you go on a Vietnam adventure holiday, it is advised to use Mai Chau as the base to visit Phu Luong natural reserve where you can trek through several ethnic villages and enjoy fresh air, take wonderful photos of rice terraces.
4. Mu Cang Chai - The most stunning place to see amazing rice terraces in Vietnam and experience homestay at a local family. If you go on a Vietnam photography tour, Mu Cang Chai is a must!
5. Sapa - This is the popular mountain town in Vietnam, having high mountain range, waterfalls, several ethnic villages, especially the wonderful rice terraces. If you travel to Vietnam on an adventure tour, do not stay in town, but conquer the Fansifan - the highest peak in Vietnam. Camping is real adventure. If you are not fit enough, choose the cable car, or trek to Muong Hoa valley to enjoy rice terraces and experience homestay in the village of Ta Van, Giang Ta Chai, Ban Ho, Thanh Phu, Sin Chai, etc. To have a great tour in Sapa, contact a Vietnam travel agent in Hanoi, Vivutravel is your travel expert!
6. Y Ty - Known as the best secret destination in Vietnam whete the earth and sky meet. Y Ty has undicovered villages, cool climate all year round where tourists can huunt for clouds and take amazing photos of rice terraces.
7. Bac Ha market - This is the Sunday market in Lao Cai, 100km from Sapa. The market is the festival where different ethnic groups come to trade, meet friends, find life partner and drink to enjoy life. The market is busy and colorful from early in the morning to 02:00 PM. It can be said that no other places in Vietnam give you such a unique opportunity to learn about different culture and lifestyle.
8. Dong Van Plateau - A district of Ha Giang in the far north of Vietnam, Dong Van rock plateau is a less-visited place blessed with wild beauty, rich culture and stunning landscape. A jeep tour, or motorcycling tour is the best way to explore this region. There are some places to visit like Ma Phu Leng pass, The Vuong palace, Dong Van ancient street and market, Lung Cu national flag tower, etc. A trip to Dong Van is definitely the highlight of your Vietnam adventure tour.
Ba Be lake - Located in Bac Kan province, around 230km from Hanoi, Ba Be lake is picturesque, peaceful like a water painting. Traveling to Ba Be, tourists have a chance to experience homestay at a Tay ethnic family, enjoy boat trip on this largest Vietnam fresh water lake to visit waterfall, cave. If you want more, trek to discover Ba Be national park.
Ban Gioc waterfall - This famous waterfall located in Cao Bang province on the Vietnam - China border. Ban Gioc is the most photographed place in Vietnam, way to Ban Gioc is stunning and don't forget to explore Nguom Ngao cave.
National parks in Vietnam - There are so many national parks in Vietnam, great for adventurers to explore like Hoang Lien Son in Sapa, Cuc Phuong in Ninh Binh, Phong Nha - Ke Bang in Quang Binh, Bach Ma in Hue, Cat Tien in Dong Nai, Lam Dong and Binh Phuoc, etc. Trekking, camping, nigh safari, bird watching, cave discovering are things to do during your adventure tour in Vietnam.
Vietnam travel guide
1. Vietnam visa - Please check before your travelling to Vietnam if you need to arrange Vietnam visa or not because some nationalities are exempt from Vietnam visa for 15 days. Destination like Phu Quoc island, no need to get Vietnam visa if you fly to this island directly. In case, you must obtain Vietnam tourist visa beforehand, Vietnam visa on arrival is the best option. Vietnam visa provider, bran of Vivutravel offers you from US$ 8 per person.
2. Best time to visit - For Vietnam adventure tour, it is recommended to travel in dry season in the north from September to January.
3. Do not travel on your own on a Vietnam adventure holiday, just contact a Vietnam tour operator to customize your trip.