Vietnam used to be little - known and visited and its Vietnam tourism's slogan was "Hidden Charm" that made people curious about a country of war, poverty. However, things have been changing so fast. Let's look at the tourism statistics in a decade:
2016 10,012,735 arrivals
2015 7,943,651 arrivals
2014 7,874,312 arrivals
2013 7,572,352 arrivals
2012 6,847,678 arrivals
2011 6,014,032 arrivals
2010 5,049,855 arrivals
2009 3,772,359 arrivals
2008 4,253,740 arrivals
2007 4,171,564 arrivals
In 2017, Vietnam expects to welcome 13 million tourists. By the end of October, 10,473,230 tourists have visited Vietnam.
• Tourism infrastructure is improving quickly. New international standard hotels and resorts have been built, tourist attractions are upgraded, etc. All to make your travel in Vietnam safe, convenient and enjoyable. Lots of things need to be done, but changes are seen.
• People's awareness used to be a big problem. In the past, tourism was not an industry, but now, the gorverment makes plan for it and people see the benefits of what tourists can bring to their life especially at tourist destinations.
• Vietnam used to be an extension of regional countries like Thailand, Malaysia, but now is the base to visit neibouring countries such as Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar and even Thailand.
• Vietnam is too beautiful to visit in one's lifetime. International tour operators, airlines, hotel chains find their ways to do business and send tourists to Vietnam.
• Hanoi, Halong Bay, Hoi An ranked among top 100 destinations to visit of the world.
• Son Doong cave in central Vietnam is the world's largest and nicest one>
• Rice terraced fields in Vietnam in Sapa, Mu Cang Chai, Hoang Su Phi, Pu Luong are some of the most beautiful ones of the world.
• Beaches in Vietnam in Hoi An, Danang, Nha Trang, Mui Ne or Phu Quoc are top-ranked in Asia.
• Vietnamese cuisine is among the world's best like Pho, Springroll, etc
• Vietnamese culture is rice and diverse.
• Vietnamese people are friendly and kind.
• Vietnam is the safest country to travel.
• Vietnam is a budget travel destination.