Are you looking towards an exotic location for a holiday? If you are a nature lover, choose Vang Vieng, a town situated north of Vientiane, beside the Nam Song River. Surrounded by stunning limestone mountain and caves, this 16th-century monastery will be your most desired holiday spot.
How to reach Vang Vieng and which is the best time visit?
You may reach Vientiane, the capital city of Laos and then take a bus to Vang Vieng. Vientiane, Laos is approachable from various corners of the globe like Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Kenya, Qatar, Thailand, Oman, Korea and China by direct flights. Vang Vieng is accessible from Luang Prabang and Phonsavan by bus.
The best time to visit Vang Vieng is November to March, which is the dry season and weather remains pleasant.
What are the various tour options available in Vang Vieng?
You may avail various activities like sightseeing, cultural & theme tours, and outdoor activities. Shared transfer from Vang Vieng to Luang Prabang city starts from $19 per person. Three day trip of Vang Vieng by car costs $ 437 per person. 2 days touring of Vang Vieng by minivan cost $177 per person.2 days and one night tour in Vang Vieng by private car cost $295 per person. Two-day hiking and zip lining trip in Vang Vieng cost $215 per person. All these rates are approximate, and there are possibilities for rate variations. It would be better to check with your tour operator before you finalize your tour plans.
What are the things to do while in Vang Vieng?
Well, if you are in love with nature, then you will enjoy Vang Vieng. The various activities available are:
• Tubing: Catching up a free ride up to the river in a tube can be an exciting activity. The costs are Kips 55,000 or Kips60,000 kips, and that's to be returned before 6 pm sharp.
• Hot air balloon ride: It's a magical tour when you ride over the rugged mountain and meandering rivers in a hot air balloon. It will cost $80 per person. You can take the sunrise ride and secure your booking by email.
• Tour the blue lagoon and cave: Blue Lagoon is a great place to chill. Climb the mountain in 15 minutes and then jump into the lake with the help of a rope resembling Tarzan. There is a toll bridge that costs Kip 5,000.
• Eat at local restaurants: Enjoy Amigos Mexican, sandwiches, pancakes and noodle soup. Meals will cost about Kip 5,000 to 10,000.
• Enjoy bars and nightlife: Crowd begins to gather at pubs from 8-9 pm. Some unique bars give out free whiskey during this time. If you are lucky, you might even get a free T-shirt with two drinks of vodka.
• Visit the water cave: Out of the various caves, most famous is the water cave where you have to reach in a tube. It is a medium size cave and will take 30 minutes to reach. The cost of hiring tube, head flashlight and entrance fee is Kip 10,000.
• Visit elephant cave: This Cave is about 20-30 minutes' walk from Nam Song River. In the center of the cave you can find a small lagoon, which another highlight of the location. You have to pay a toll fee of Kip 2,000 along with an entrance fee of Kip 10,000. Carry good shoes, particularly which has enough grip and resist mud slipping.
• Enjoy kayaking and canoeing tour: Various tour operators in Vang Vieng offer kayaking for half a day to full day. Kayaking activity includes viewing caves - Tham Nam and Tham Chang. A day trip including the hiring of the kayak will cost you Kip 10,000.
• Try rock climbing: You will love the limestone mountain. You must adopt full safety measures before trying rock climbing. Although guides will be there, they will not thoroughly guide where to place your hands. The rock climbing course might cost you Kip 180,000 to Kip 1,325,000 per person.
If you are fond of nature and natural trips, Laos is the most desired place for you. Tour companies will help you explore the richness and untouched landscapes. Indulge yourself in the fantasy of nature while you are at Vang Vieng, Laos.