Vietnam is becoming a hot destination among international travelers. Vietnam is known for beautiful landscapes, amazing rice terraces, colorful mountains with hidden charm, weather-beaten pagodas and temples, rich culture, long history, lovely ancient towns, great cuisine, fascinating market or pristine beaches.
Vietnam travel destinations like Sapa, Halong Bay, Hoi An, Phu Quoc island, Con Dao island have been received so many international tourism awards and last year, Vietnam listed as one of the 20 most beautiful countries to travel.
Vietnam holiday is diverse and suitable for all styles of travel or people of all ages, especially the solo traveler. Acording to the US news website Business Insider, Vietnam is among the 30 best places to travel alone for many reasons:
1. Vietnamese are very friendly and kind. You are warmly welcome in Vietnam and you can travel safely from north to south, from mountains to sea, from cities to rural villages, you will not have any security issue. Just one note: Vietnamese are quite curious about the stranger, and when Vietnamese care for someone or of something, they tend to ask personal questions like "How old are you?", "Have you get married yet?", "How many children do you have?". Vietnamese may laugh at you for some silly reasons like "Oh, the westerner is so tall, hairy or they are crazy walking under the sun", which can cause misunderstanding, but nothing serious. After all, Vietnamese will invite you strong black tea or coffee, rice wine or would love to take photos with you. Your Vietnam travel is safe and interesting.
2. On many blogs, travelers hate Vietnam like " Vietnam Travel Guide by Nomadic Matt". I do not agree everything in this blog because tourists travel to Vietnam to experience the different things, especially the different culture, lifestyle, so it is unfair to complain someone or something when the basic culture of Vietnam was not used properly. Back to your solo travel to Vietnam, you can be worry-free that Vietnamese taught to respect others and of course will warmly welcome you.
3. The security in Vietnam is very good, you can safely walk around, visit Vietnam tour attractions, take local bus or train alone to anywhere.
4. If you travel Vietnam by yourself, you will not be afraid of being lost because English is widely used in Vietnam. (English is taught in all schools from private to high school). You can easily get help from the local when needed.
5. Another reason is Vietnam solo tour is cheap and Vietnam is too beautiful.
Vietnam is safe. However, if you are planning your solo travel to Vietnam, we advise you to book your Vietnam tour with a local tour operator like Vivutravel, so you can save a lot of time and money. We will be your friend and you will not be travelling alone.