Laos is considered as the country of sleeping beauty, a country that has just opened to the outside world and it is where travelers can see the unhurried pace of life, off the beaten path, friendly people and many cultural sites.
If you are planning a tour to Laos, below are the best places to visit:
1. Vientiane: The capital cicy of Laos is where you should star your Laos holiday. The must see sites in Vientiane are " That Luang - the symbol of this country", the interesting "Buddha park" in Xieng Khuan.
2. Vang Vieng: The central part of Laos is advised to stay for a few nights to trek to mountain villages, to enjoy fresh and cool air from the river and green rice paddy fields.
3. Plain of Jars: It is a mysterious region where some thousands of jars found in the open fields which tells interesting stories of Laos history and legends.
4. Luang Prabang: This is the world heritage town which keeps so many cultural and historical heritages. Staying in Luang Prabang, you have unique chance to witness the special Alms Giving Ceremony in the early morning, wander around the old streets, take tuktuk ride to beautiful Khuang Si fall, ethnic villages or boat trip to Pak Ou cave.
5. Gibbon experience: Located in Ban Houayxay, Bibbon experience is the place where you will stay overnight on the world highest tree houses and each morning, you can wake up surrounded by gibbons.
6 Tad Fane Waterfall: The impressive Tad Fane twin falls thunder over 100 metres down the steep cliffs into a gorge, located a few kilometres west of Paksong Town, Champasak Province. The scenic rainforest spot is part of a big national park where wild animals live, including leopards, tigers, elephants and monkeys. Hornbills are among the 300 bird species found in this area.
Best time to visit Laos
You can travel in Laos all-year-round and with no coastline to influence things, Laos’s weather system is relatively straight-forward compared with much of Asia; consisting of a dry season (October to late April) and a wet season (May to late September). Within each season there are variations in temperature, with the dry months leading up to the wet season (March and April) and the early wet season (May and June) usually being the hottest of the year.
Laos Vietnam Cambodia tour combination:
This is called Indochina tour and Vivutravel advises you to combine Laos with Cambodia and Vietnam or Thailand to make your holiday to Indochina a memorable experience.