In a Post-COVID-19 travel survey by traveldailynews, US travellers are still optimistic, still plan to take trips in 2020 and looking forward to traveling again as soon as possible. According to this survey:
65% looking forward to traveling again, both domestically and internationally
39% hoping to travel within the first 6 months when travel restrictions are lifted
56% willing to spend just as much on a trip as they could have before COVID-19
80% willing to travel for a length of 3 to 7 nights on their first trips post-COVID-19
Visa To Vietnam
Vietnam still ban tourist visa to Vietnam, but working out ways to lift it. One of the solution is to accept visa application for nationalities that have success in controlling Covid-19. Vietnam will join hands with these countries to creat a safe travel corridor.
To encourage tourists to travel to Vietnam, Longer Visa examption is also considered. We will update later.
Health and Safety Protocols
Together with Visa examption and visa lifting to Vietnam. Health and Safety Protocols can be required and medical declaration should be submitted to Vietnam Immigration. This can be new rule and Vivutravel will update if something changed in the coming time.
Types of Tours
Before Covid-19, tourists, especially the young and the first vistors to Vietnam traveled in big group to save costs. But it is safer now to travel in smaller group because social distancing is highly advised to minimize the risk of being infected among travelers.
Vivutravel highly advises tourists to choose private tours to Vietnam and Indochina so that Vietnam tour operators like Vivutravel can create the best Post Covid-19 Vietnam tour itinerary. It is better to be look after and supported by a local expert?
Adventure tour, family vacation, couple's vacation and solo trip are also recommended because these types of tours are flexible.
Popular destinations for any Vietnam tour are Hanoi, Halong Bay, Sapa, Ninh Binh, Hue, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Da Lat, Ho Chi Minh City, Mekong delta and Phu Quoc island. However, Vivutravel suggests that you should make some changes and travel to beautiful but less-visited places as below:
- Hanoi, instead of 2 or 3 nights, just stay 1 night.
- Instead of Sapa, you can visit Pu Luong or Ha Giang, Ban Gioc waterfall
- Instead of Halong Bay, you can take overnight cruise in Lan Ha bay, it is more beautiful and fewer tourists.
- If you are interested in history, stay 1 night in Hue. If not really, just skip it.
- Hoi An is always the most beautiful place to visit in Vietnam, but it is better to stay away from the town. A resort at An Bang beach (5km from Hoi An ancient town) is advised.
- Instead of Nha Trang or Mui Ne, best option is Quy Nhon, a great beach destiantion.
- Ho Chi Minh city is not the place to spend few nights. One night is enough.
- Mekong Delta should be skipped. If you still want to visit, do not visit popular places like My Tho, Vinh Long and Ben Tre. Contact Vivutravel to create the best itinerary.
- Instead of Phu Quoc island, visit Con Dao - A safe and beautiful paradise.
Vivutravel just give you some suggestions for now. Situation can change and we will update later. As a local travel planner in Vietnam, we know best and tourists can always rely on us when requiring a tour to Vietnam.
Ready to book and Re-book?
It is still early to book or rebook your Vietnam holiday in 2020 when no special medition or vaccine is used worldwide, but it can be fine from January 2021 because It takes time for the world to recover from the impact of Covid-19 and gives you time to prepare for the trip in a "new normal time".
It is possible to book or rebook my holiday now with Vivutrave?
Yes, definitely! Vivutravel still opens and helps you book/rebook your trip at anytime.
Do i have to pay "deposit" now if i go head?
In this covid-19 times, Vivutravel will not require any deposit until 100% sure that you can travel and will not ask for cancellation fees or charges.