Vietnam appeared on the world's tourism map as a poor and developing country, having nothing but friendly people and beautiful landscapes. Years after years, Vietnam tourism has changed with many world's travel awards received. Below are a few;
- Vietnam was honored as 'Asia's Leading Destination' in 2021
- Asia's Leading Heritage Destination, Asia's Leading Cultural Destination, and Asia's Leading Culinary Destination in 2020
- Asia's Leading Destination in 2019
- Asia’s Leading Destination in 2018
Vietnam has become one of the great tourist countries that many foreigners want to visit. Let's figure out 10 reasons why international tourists must travel to Vietnam in 2022 when Vietnam fully resumes tourism.
1 - Vietnam, A safe country to visit
In the surveys of many famous travel magazines in the world such as Telegraph, Dailystar, Roughguides, Vietnam is always in the top safest destinations, based on the below facts
- Political stability: With a country with a stable political background like Vietnam, visitors can freely play and shop without worrying about political upheavals.
- No terrorism: In countries where terrorism often occurs, tourists will not be able to comfortably travel and can become a victim of terrorism, massacre, hostage taking, ..
- Relatively low theft rate: Social evils such as pickpocketing, prostitution, drugs always make tourists feel insecure. In Vietnam, the rate of theft and violence is relatively low. You can absolutely go for a walk alone at night without having to worry. In addition, Vietnam is also an ideal place to travel for solo traveler because of the safety of this country. Vietnam ranked 6th in the list of 9 ideal destinations for women who like to travel alone by The British Telegraph.
- Covid-19 Control: No country is safe while other countries in the region and the world still have to fight COVID-19, and Vietnam is doing our best to control Covid-19 by providing vaccines to all Vietnamese from 12 years old, from remote villages to cities. By the end of 2021, people will have 2 doses of vaccine and the government is considering the third dose in early 2022 (Please click https://tiemchungcovid19.gov.vn/ to check). Further more, Vietnamese people's consciousness is an effective "vaccine" in the prevention and control of Covid--19.
2 - Vietnam is cheap to travel:
Wonderlist page gave a list of 10 cheapest tourist attractions in 2020, of which Vietnam ranked 2nd. Vietnam is still one of the cheapest countries in the world in 2022. In addition to the capital and vibrant big cities, visitors can experience the majestic natural scenery, the countryside with colorful rice fields. With low transportation costs, cheap and delicious food, a variety of hotels which will make your Vietnam travel as economical as possible.
3 - Vietnam, a country with rich history:
Long history of more than 4000 years of existence,Vietnam has experienced many ups and downs in history, each period has left its own imprints, preserved in historical works, museums, galleries and Vietnamese people are proud of their history and happy to share with tourists. During your Vietnam travel, You can learn about Vietnamese history at Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum, Museum of Vietnamese history, The Temple of Literture, Hoa Lu ancient capital, Hue's forbidden citadel, War Remnants Museum in Ho Chi Minh city, Cu Chi tunnels and many other historical places at any destination you visit.
4 - Vietnamese culture is diverse and colourful:
Vietnam is a country with 54 different ethnic groups, each of which has its own unique and impressive culture and identity that has contributed to creating a very diverse, rich and unique beauty for Vietnamese culture. One of the interesting Vietnam tours is to explore the mountainous parts and rural areas of Vietnam to experience life, culture and custom of different ethnic minorities. Tourists will find this tour extremely special and privileged. Vietnamese spritual life is part of Vietnamese culture which is reflected on many festivals, wedding, funeral cecemonies, or the way of thinking of Vietnamese. All are good to learn about!
5 - Vietnam is home to delicous foods:
Vietnamese cuisine in the north, central and the south is extremely diverse and rich, with many different regional specialties based on the different tastes of people in each region. Northern people like to eat frugally with a little bit of sweet and spicy, Central people like their dishes sour, spicy while Southern people prefer to eat sweet. With a variety of different specialties and the price is very cheap, Tourists to Vietnam will not be bored with foods, but "fill" their belly with lots of decicous dises like Pho, Spring roll, Banh My, etc. So, now you know why tourists love to visit Vietnam?
6 - Vietnam has many scenic spots and beautiful landscapes: Blessed with many famous landscapes such as Sa Pa, Mu Cang Chai's rice terraces, Dong Van Karst Plateau Geopark, Ha Long Bay, Trang An scenic landscape complex, Phong Nha - Ke Phang national park... Vietnam is ranked by Rough Guides readers in the list of 20 most beautiful countries in the world. Is this one of the good reasons for you to decide to travel to Vietnam in 2022?
7 - Vietnam has diverse weather and climate:
Vietnam is a tropical monsoon country, always attracts tourists with its very own beauty in terms of climate. Especially for European tourists, Vietnam is indeed a paradise with sunny time almost all year round, winter is not too cold, no snow. Beaches are nice with golden sunshine and cool wind, the climate is extremely pleasant.
In the North, the climate is divided into 4 seasons: Spring, Summer, Autumn and Winter. January to April is the time to witness the change of plants and trees, which is very suitable for festival tourism, spiritual tourism, because most festivals in the North are held in the spring. From May to September, it is the best time to see the world's most stunning terraced rice fields in Sapa, Y Ty, Mu Cang Chai and Hoang Su Phi. It is also suitable for beach breaks in the central or south of Vietnam or relaxing stay at retreats in the high mountains. October to December is the ideal time for nature lovers, who want to explore the wild and majestic beauty of the northern mountainous region like Ha Giang.
To conclude, Vietnam is a country to travel all year round. The best time to visit Vietnam is depended on your time and interest.
8 - Vietnam is a peaceful and relaxing destination:
Vietnam is an ideal destination if you are in need of a break from your busy life, especially after Covid-19. If stress makes you funny, a trip to Vietnam could be just what you need.
Besides the bustling cities, Vietnam has many quiet and less-visited places in the mountains, peaceful temples, isolated beaches that allow you to immerse yourself in nature to relax and enjoy a sense of serenity.
9 - Vietnamese people are extremely friendly and kind:
According to Espresso Communication, Vietnam is in the top 10 countries recognized as having the most friendly and welcoming people in the world, which will bring visitors meaningful trips and authentic experiences. Visitors will feel safe and comfortable when traveling in Vietnam. You can ask directions, go shopping without worrying about the problem of facing angry, scowling faces. Vietnamese people respect guests. When traveling in Vietnam, don't be surprised if you are invided to drink tea, coffee, rice wine or attend a wedding party by the local.
10 - Vietnam, destination of the best golf courses and best resorts:
Vietnam is now a destiination for high-end services. Let's see the list of the world travel awards received in 2021.
- World's Best Golf Destination 2021
- InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort (Asia's Leading Green Resort 2021)
- InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort (Asia's Leading Luxury Resort 2021)
- InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort (Asia's Most Romantic Resort 2021)
- Bai Bac Bay Villa - InterContinental Danang Sun Peninsula Resort (Asia's Leading Luxury Hotel Villa 2021)
- InterContinental Phu Quoc Long Beach Resort (Asia's Leading Luxury Family Resort 2021)
- Premier Residences Phu Quoc Emerald Bay (Asia's Leading Hotel Residences 2021)
- Premier Village Phu Quoc Resort (Asia's Leading Villa Resort 2021)
- JW Marriott Phu Quoc Emerald Bay (Asia's Leading Luxury Resort & Spa 2021)
- Hotel de la Coupole - Mgallery (Asia's Leading Design Hotel 2021)
- Sun World Ba Na Hills (Asia's Leading Theme Park 2021)
- Mercure Danang French Village Bana Hills (Asia's Leading Themed Resort 2021)
- Aquatopia Water Park (Asia's Leading Water Park 2021)
- La Veranda Resort Phú Quốc - Mgallery (Asia's Leading Boutique Beach Resort 2021)
- La Veranda Resort Phú Quốc - Mgallery (Asia's Most Romantic Boutique Resort 2021)
- Mường Thanh Luxury Nha Trang (Asia's Leading Beach Hotel 2021)
- Silk Sense Hoi An River Resort (Asia's Leading Boutique Resort 2021)
- Banyan Tree Lăng Cô (Asia's Leading Luxury Beach Resort 2021)
- Avana Retreat (Asia's Leading Retreat 2021)
- Vietnam Airlines (Asia's Leading Cultural Airline 2021)
- Cuc Phương national park (Asia's Leading National Park 2021)
- Ha Long Bay (Asia’s Leading Tourist Attraction 2021)
- Viet Nam (Asia's Leading Sustainable Tourism Destination 2021
- Hoi An (Asia’s Leading Cultural City Destination 2021)