Step to apply Vietnam visa
Vietnam Visa Tips
1. Tourist visas allow visitors to enter and exit Vietnam at Hanoi, HCMC and Danang airportsor at any of its twelve land borders, three each with Cambodia and China, and six with Laos.
2. Only citizens of certain countries can visit Vietnam without Vietnam Visa.Those countries include: most citizens of ASEAN countries are no need Vietnam entry visa for visiting Vietnam within 30 days; citizens of Korea, Japan & Scandinavians (Norway, Denmark, Sweden and Finland passport holders) are no need visa to Vietnam for visiting Vietnam within 15 days. All other citizens are required to get Visa Vietnam before departure (Vietnam entry visa issued prior to departure by Vietnamese consulates or embassies) or a pre-approved Vietnam Visa (visa is issued on arrival at Vietnam International Airports) supplied before arrival in Vietnam.
3. Tourist visas are valid for a single 30-day stay.The government often talks about issuing visas on arrival to certain favored nationalities, but as yet this sensible scheme has failed to materialize. Arranging the paperwork for a Vietnamese visa has become fairly straightforward, but it remains expensive and unnecessarily time-consuming.
4. It is possible to arrange a visa on arrival through a Vietnamese travel agent.They will need passport details in advance and will send a confirmation for the visa to be issued at your airport of arrival. In Asia the best place to pick up a Vietnamese visa is Cambodia, where it cost around US $30 and can be arranged the same day. Bangkok is also a popular place as many agents offer cheap packages with an airline ticket and visa thrown in.
5. If you plan to spend more than a month in Vietnam, or if you plan to exit Vietnam and enter again from Cambodia or Laos, arrange a three-month multiple-Visa.This cost around US$95 in Cambodia, but is not available from all Vietnamese embassies. In our experience personal appearance influences the reception you receive from airport immigration - if you wear shorts or scruffy clothing, look dirty or unshaven, you can expect problems. Try your best to look 'respectable'.
VIETNAM VISA EXEMPTION INFORMATION:
1. No Vietnam entry Visa required for travel less than 30 days: Citizens of Thailand, Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, Indonesia, Myanmar, Cambodia, Brunei and Laos.
2. No Vietnam Visa required for travel less than 15 days: Citizens of Japan, South Korea, Sweden, Norway, Denmark and Finland.
3. No visa required for travel less than 90 days or several visits within 6 months: Citizens of France holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
4. No Vietnam Visa required for travel less than 60 days: Citizens of Chile holding valid diplomatic or official passports.
5. No Vietnam Visa required for travel less than 60 days: APEC Business Travel Card (ABTC) Holders from Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC) member economies.
6. No Vietnam Visa for traveling to Phu Quoc Island Vietnam: Foreigners and Vietnamese nationals bearing foreign passports that enter Vietnam through an international border gate and then travel to Phu Quoc Island and stay in Phu Quoc less than 15 days will also be exempt from Vietnam entry visa application. Passports must be valid for at least 45 days. After arriving in Phu Quoc Island, if visitors want to travel other localities or stay in the island for more than 15 days, the immigration department will be responsible for issuing visas right on the spot.
Mistake when applying for a visa arrival to Vietnam
Many people can take mistakes in applying for a visa arrival to vietnam:
We have listed here a few mistakes that travelers may usually make to help you avoid the same things when you apply for a visa on arrival to Vietnam.
1 - No visa on arrival without applying online: many people believe that they can get a visa directly at Vietnam airport without applying online. That is wrong, you can not until the visa is approved. So, you will need to apply online for an approval letter in order to pick up your visa at Vietnam airport.
2 - Visa on arrival at the border: Visa on arrival works for air travel only. So, if you do not enter Vietnam by air, just make sure you have the visa in advance.
3 - Spelling/Typo mistakes: Many travelers fill in the Application form with wrong detail as: full name on passport, passport number or date of birth. Normally, many people think it is not important but in some cases, your application can be refused by the airline at the departure airport. So, make sure that you entered everything correctly and carefully.
4 - Arrival date: Many people think that the visa validity will start from the date they enter Vietnam, not from the date they provide, however, it is not. The visa validity will commence from the date you provide in advance, not from the date you will enter the country. So, just make sure that you make a clear plan of when to enter before ordering a visa to Vietnam.
5 - Visa extension: many travelers think that it is easy to extend a visa once they are in Vietnam, however, in fact, it is not that easy, and extending a visa may be a costly and time consuming process. So, if possible, just apply for a 3 month visa in advance instead of a 1 month one to save money on visa extension.