Few places in the whole of Vietnam are photographed as often as Halong Bay. It is a stunning UNESCO World Heritage site up in the north, due east of the national capital, Hanoi. Few people booking a Vietnam holiday omit Halong from their itinerary. The highlight is cruising among the many limestone islands, mostly uninhabited of course but it would be wrong to ignore the sandy beaches that you can enjoy while you are there.
Vietnam beaches are no longer a secret. Many tourists visit the Country because of its history and culture but Vietnam beach holidays are becoming increasingly popular. If you are in the north and are heading for Halong Bay, take time to visit the beach:
• Bai Chai is 2 kilometres long and sits below some gently sloping hills covered in pine trees.
• Tuan Chau is on the island of the same name. It is artificial but does not detract from the beauty of the setting and the sand is as real as it comes. If you are interested in water sports then you will be more than satisfied with climbing and camping two other options.
• Titop Beach is in the heart of the Bay. It is not particularly big but it has become a favourite amongst tourists who are looking for activities.
• Ba Trai Dao Beach is on a lovely island where three small mountains stand impressively. The sea is extremely clear so there are few better places to go snorkelling or scuba driving. There are few better places within the Bay for a BBQ or simple picnic.
• Ngoc Vung Beach is on the south of the island. It is 3 kilometres long, a lovely picturesque setting, crescent moon-shaped in front of lovely forests. You must try the seafood while you are there with lobster both fresh as well as inexpensive.
• Soi Sim Beach is on a small island, 12 kilometres from Halong City, close to Titop Beach. It is another setting that will take your breath away; a great place to relax.
Once you go to Halong Bay, you will find it difficult to leave and when you do, you will certainly vow to return. There are many things to do in Halong if you can ever drag yourself away from the beaches and lovely clear water. In terms of the best time to visit Halong, see if March and April or September and October fit in with your plans.
Best Cruises in Halong Bay
Places to Visit in Quang Ninh Province
Best Places to Visit in Halong Bay
Things to Do While on Boat in Halong Bay
Nightlife in Halong
Best Spa and Massage in Halong City
Recommended restaurants in Halong
Top Hotels in Halong City