When it comes to places to visit in Vietnam, every goof Vietnam travel agent will certainly recommend Halong Bay on the north-east coast. The main island amongst hundreds in the Bay is Cat Ba Island. If you decide to stay overnight on a junk in the Bay, you may just make a short visit to Cat Ba. Your alternative is to stay overnight on the Island. There is good accommodation with each of the good hotels having their own restaurant.
Wherever you decide to eat, you should think about eating seafood. You will rarely get a better chance to eat the freshest of fish which appears on every menu. There are restaurants in Cat Ba Town and here are some ideas if you are looking for a place to eat during your Vietnam customized holiday:
• Phuong Phuong near the Nam Duong Hotel offers great sea views. The cuisine is both local and western and you are certain to enjoy your surrounding while waiting for your choices.
• Phuong Nhung is a family-run restaurant where you can actually watch the chef as he prepares your meal.
• Green Mango has a varied menu and caters for vegans and vegetarians.
• My Way Café & Restaurant includes western food if you want it while the coffee is a great way to finish the meal.
• Yummy Restaurant is a great place to enjoy seafood and it concentrates on Asian food.
• Buddha Belly Vegetarian Restaurant is known to satisfy even the biggest of appetites.
• Buddha Garden Cat Ba is another welcoming place with excellent Asian food.
• Quan Cat Ba Family Restaurant provides excellent value; try the noodles.
• Full Moon Restaurant has a happy hour if you finish your day early.
When it comes to the best time to visit Vietnam, the answer is simple. Anytime, and enjoy the seafood whenever you are near the coast.