Vietnamese cuisine is one of the highlights of a Vietnam travel package. It has become increasingly popular far outside Vietnam’s borders and if you want to take some cookery lessons even that is possible. Vietnam is a fertile country and those provinces with a coastline also has the advantage of the freshest seafood you can imagine. Quang Binh has such a coastline and while you are there during your Vietnam tour go for the seafood every time. There is less choice in Quang Binh than in the large cities of Vietnam but you will be pleasantly surprised by the food that you receive.
There are several places to consider:
• Tree Hugger Café Dong Hoi is certainly a place to try if you are vegetarian. There is much more using fresh local produce including of course the seafood.
• 7th Heaven Restaurant Dong Hoi has a broad range of cuisine including American and European. You can expect a great steak for example but if you like Thai red and green curry, then this is the place.
• Nguyen Shack Art Cafe & Restaurant is in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and similarly offers plenty of choice.
• Capture Vietnam Café is also in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park and has a menu that reflects the number of overseas tourists now visiting the Park.
• Phong Nha Bamboo Cafe is another Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park that earns very positive reviews.
• Buffalo Pub & Hostel Dong Hoi has a great atmosphere; very friendly.
• Omar's Namaste - Phong Nha, Indian Restaurant in Phong Nha-Ke Bang National Park obviously specialises in Indian food.
• Geminai Bistro & Hotel Dong Hoi is a quiet place where you can eat and relax.
• Red Peppers in Dong Hoi is somewhere to go if you enjoy seafood. It is English-owned but that does not mean the menu lacks Vietnamese dishes in any way.
• Beachside Backpackers Dong Hoi is bar and restaurant with everything from vegetarian to Japanese cuisine.
• Ocean View Homestay Restaurant & Bar Dong Hoi is largely Asian style and certainly value to money.
• Thai Food Restaurant Dong Hoi serves lovely Thai food.
There is plenty of variety when it comes to eating in Quang Binh, whether in Dong Hoi or in the National Park. It would surely be a shame if you are so close to the sea not to try the seafood, especially cooked in the way that locals have done for generations? That is the genuine Vietnam holiday experience.