Hua Hin District is in Prachuap Khiri Khan Province in the north of the Malay Peninsula in Thailand. It is probably the most popular beach resort among the Thais in the whole of the Country. There is a summer palace for the Thai monarch in Hua Hin.
The Gulf of Thailand is to the east and Myanmar to the west. Indochina tour packages offer a chance to see some of Myanmar as well.
How to get there
Hua Hin Airportis mostly used by private aircraft but you may find a domestic flight from Chiang Mai. Thailand travel packages can include Chiang Mai as well as Hua Hin.
Regular Bangkok buses and the rail route from Bangkok (200 km north, north east) to Singapore are the popular ways to reach Hua Hin. The railway station is seen as the most attractive in Thailand, a former wooden royal pavilion.
Best time to visit
Hua Hin has a tropical savanna climatewith temperatures never below warm and often hot. The monsoon season starts in May and continues for the next six months. The heaviest rain is from September until the dry season arrives.
Things to see and do
Rajabhakti Park has large statues of seven Thai kings.
Kao Takiap is a headland south of the beach with a Buddhist temple on top.
The night street market is fun; perhaps visit it after watching a sunset from one of the nearby hills, Takiap, Hin Lek Fai or Tao?
Pa La-u is a beautiful waterfall with 11 tiers an hour distant to the west. The local birds and butterflies are an added attraction to a visit.
Wat Huay Mongkol has a large statue of Luang Pu Thuat, a popular Thai monk known for his ‘’miracles.’’
There is plenty for the active:
• Fishingin waters full of fish.
• Boating whether on the sea or down to river in search of birds.
• Kite-boarding is popular because of the shallow waters and fresh breezes.
• Trekking and cycling allows those on holiday in Thailand to go exploring.
• Water sports in general are proving very popular.
• Golf is now very important. Hua Hin has held its first professional Asian Tour event on the Black Mountain course, one of several nearby. There are also driving ranges.
Thailand tour packages arrange accommodation for all their clients. There is plenty along the coastline to suit most budgets.