In 2014, UK ranked 8th on the list of the top 10 international visitors in Vietnam with 170.111visitors. Vietnam tourism expects to see an sharp increase in 2015 because tourists from UK will not need a visa to Vietnam from July 1, 2015 for trips up to 15 days which makes Vietnam holiday more competitive and less headache with visa procedures. Read more: Vietnam visa guide for UK passport holders
Not touristic as Thailand, boring as Laos or Cambodia, Vietnam is a great destination for travelers of all ages to go for a holiday of a lifetime. Vietnam holiday offers diverse experience.
Top Vietnam holiday destinations:
1. Hanoi - The capital city of Vietnam and it is where you can learn and understand more about Vietnamese culture and history, people and lifestyles...
2. Sapa - The paradise of amazing rice terraces and colorful mountains and weekly markets of the hill-tribes.
3. Ninh Binh - Destination for beautiful boat trips to explore caves and take photos of the "Halong bay on the rice fields"
4. Halong Bay - The world's natural heritage is a "Must" for all Vietnam tour packages. Your Vietnam holiday considered "Not Perfect" without an overnight stay on a Halong cruise.
5. Hue - The ancient capital in the central part of Vietnam is where you can see weather - beaten royal citadel, tombs, pagodas and temples.
6. Hoi An - The ancient town is a little Vietnam where the north and the south meet. Hoi An is a perfect place to have break during your Vietnam travel. White sandy beaches, nice resorts with swimming pools, interesting optional tours to Hoi An's countryside, My Son ruins, shopping, cooking class are some of good suggestions for your stay in this lovely Vietnam holiday destination.
7. Nha Trang - Long and pristine beaches of Nha Trang are perfect for honeymooners, family trips, anniversary.
8. Da Lat - The City of love is the inspiration for poets and the place to relax.
9. Mui Ne - The capital of beach resorts with nice beaches and golden sand dunes, this place is an ideal place to stay for a few days before flying home.
10. Ho Chi Minh city - The most exciting city of Vietnam is the base for interesting tour to Cu Chi tunnels, Cao Dai temple, Can Gio mangrove forest.
11. Mekong delta - The floating villages, markets life along cannels, rivers are amazing and unique to explore.
12. Phu Quoc island - This pearl island with pristine and endless beaches is highly recommended to stay and rest at the end of your Vietnam holiday.
Travel in Vietnam:
Vietnam travel is safe, easy and convenient now with flights connecting major cities, good quality tourist buses. However, the train is quite old, but good to try and you will definitely remember for the great experience.
Vietnam has long history, rice culture, ancient towns, natural heritages, colorful ethnic minorities, amazing rice terraces, great cuisine, friendly people, rivers, white sandy beaches..., which definitely meet your needs either a classic tour, beach break, family trip or a life time adventure.
Best time to travel Vietnam from UK:
There is no good or bad time for Vietnam travel, but in terms of weather, you should travel Vietnam from October to April when it is cool in the north and less warm in the central part and the south. However, in terms of Vietnam travel costs, the best time is from May to September as this is the low season for international tourists. Hotels, domestic flights, travel companies... will offer early bird, promotion or big discount.
Vivutravel is a local travel specialist for private and tailor made Vietnam holiday. We are highly praised on tripadvisor and below is the steps to book a Vietnam tour with us.