If you are looking a holiday to Southeast Asia, Cambodia and Vietnam will be a perfect combination for a holiday of a lifetime. Tourists from the United States, UK or Australia travel to Cambodia to mainly see the magnificent Angkor Temples - the wonder of Cambodia and the world heritage site. Traveling to Cambodia, tourists can also see a developing country but still hold a rich culture and traditions.
The top Cambodia destinations are:
1. Phnom Penh
2. Angkor Wat in Siem Reap province
3. Bousra waterfall in Mondulkiri province
4. Sihanoukville Beach
5. Preah Monivong National Park/BoKor National Park in Kampot province
Top 10 Angkor temples:
1. Angkor Wat Temple
2. Bayon Temple
3. Ta Prohm
4. Angkor Thom
5. Banteay Srei
6. Phnom Bakheng
7. Preah Khan
8. Pre Rup
9. Banteay Kdei
Angkor temples are highlights of all holiday to Cambodia. However, it will be boring if you focus on Cambodia tour only because if compared with Vietnam, Cambodia is less attractive and beautiful. So Cambodia and Vietnam tour should be combined for some reasons:
1. Vietnam holiday offer diverse experience
2. More world heritages in Vietnam such as Ha Long Bay, Phong Nha Cave, Hoi An Ancient Town, Hue Citadel, My Son Ruins
3. More beautiful sceneries in Vietnam than in Cambodia. For examples, you can see amazing rice terraces in Sapa, north mountains, floating markets in Mekong delta..
4. Nicer beaches in Vietnam along the coast in Da Nang, Hoi An, Nha Trang, Mui Ne or Phu Quoc island which are perfect for your Vietnam holiday to stay.
5. You just need 2- 3 weeks to visit the top holiday destinations of these two countries.
Below is our suggested Cambodia and Vietnam tours with arrival in Siem Reap and departure in Ho Chi Minh City. This tour can be customized to meet your personal needs and budget. For examples, we can skip the places that you do not want to see and add the places you like. Same with activities and travel styles.
Day 1: Siem Reap Arrival
Day 2: Angkor Tour
Day 3: Angkor Tour
Day 4: Tonle Sap Lake - Flight to Hanoi
Day 5: Hanoi City Tour
Day 6: Hanoi - Hoa Lu - Trang An Grottoes - Hanoi
Day 7: Hanoi - Drive to Sapa
Day 8: Sapa Tour
Day 9: Sapa Tour - Afternon drive to Hanoi
Day 10: Hanoi - Halong Bay
Day 11: Halong Bay - Hanoi - Flight to Danang - Hoi An
Day 12 - 13: Hoi An free days
Day 14: Hoi An - Hue - Flight to Ho Chi Minh City
Day 15: Ho Chi Minh City - Cu Chi Tunnels - Ho Chi Minh City
Day 16: Ho Chi Minh City - Can Tho (Mekong delta)
Day 17: Can Tho - Flight to Phu Quoc Island
Day 18 - 20: Phu Quoc island free days
Day 21: Phu Quoc island - Flight to Ho Chi Minh City and Departure
Founded since 2006, Vivutravel is based in Hanoi and is local expert for all tour packages. We are highly praised on tripadvisor and if you are planning a trip to visit Vietnam and Cambodia, Vivutravel is here to support.