The world has recently known more about this place when "Skull Island 2" shot here. Just about 100km from Hanoi with 2 hour drive, Ninh Binh's landscape is considered as "Halong bay on land" and in fact, this Vietnam holiday destination has so many beautiful sites to offer tourists 1- 2 day tour to remember.
Places to visit in Ninh Binh:
1. Hoa Lu - This is the ancient capital of Vietnam of more than 1000 years ago. Coming to Hoa Lu, we can still visit the two temples of King Dinh Tien Hoang and Le Dai Hanh.
2. Trang An - Another UNESCO World Heritage in Vietnam, Trang An Landscape Complex is a spectacular landscape of limestone karst peaks permeated with valleys, many of them partly submerged and surrounded by steep, almost vertical cliffs. Exploration of caves at different altitudes has revealed archaeological traces of human activity over a continuous period of more than 30,000 years. The boat trip in Trang An takes around 3 hours and it is perfectly combined with Hoa Lu to have a great day tour in Ninh Binh.
3. Tam Coc - Has long been considered as "Halong bay on the rice fields", Tam Coc is in its most beauty in rice season between May - October. Boat trip in Tam Coc is quite similar to Trang An, but nicer. For a day tour to Ninh Binh from Hanoi, you can choose Trang An or Tam Coc.
4. Van Long natural reserve - It is not only a natural reserve of wetlands but also the cultural relics. Van Long is a legendary land, a beautiful area and the largest natural reserve of wetlands. Here, tourists will be seated on the boat to visit spectacular mountain ranges that create a natural wall surrounded a vast expanse of water.
5. Cuc Phuong national park - This is the first national park in Vietnam and you can visit Cuc Phuong rescue center, cycle, trek through the jungles or experience one night at the homestay in an ethnic minority village.
6. Bai Dinh pagaoda - Very famous for its great size and imposingness, Bai Dinh pagoda is good to combine with Hoa Lu ancient capital so that tourists can learn more about Vietnamese religion especially buddhism.
7. Phat Diem Stone Church - Designed and constructed (1875 – 1899), Phat Diem’s architecture is a sucessful combination of oriental pagodas and Gothic Church, which comprises lake, atrium, cathedral, 4 chapels, stone church, man-made cave. The church is not only the pride of Vietnamese Catholics, but also of its unique architectural style found in Ninh Binh only.
8. Other sites - Ninh Binh has some other sites such as Bich Dong pagoda, Thai Vi temple, Kenh Ga floating village, Thung Nang, etc. All can be combined to make your Vietnam tour in Ninh Binh a memorable experience.
Hotels in Ninh Binh: There are many hotels from budget to luxury in Ninh Binh, but we recommend Emeralda Resort, Legend hotel.
Vietnan tours from Ninh Binh: You can continue your Vietnam holiday from Ninh Binh to the central part by taking overnight train to Dong Hoi, Hue or Danang, driving to Mau Chau valley, Cat Ba island or Halong bay. It is best to contact Vivutravel for a tailor made tour itinerary.