Listed as the top Vietnam and the world's destinations for many years, Hanoi is a must to visit during a holiday to Vietnam.
Hanoi is the capital city of Vietnam with more than 1000 years old. This city is considered as the heart and soul of Vietnamese because Hanoi has so many historical and cultural sites that were written in books, stories, legends...
Since Vietnam opened its door to the world, Hanoi has been changing quickly and it looks modern with high scraper buildings, shops, luxurious hotels. However, Hanoian are still proud of the old traditions and values which are treasures for tourists coming to Hanoi to discover.
How to get there?
As the capital of Vietnam, Hanoi has international airport, train stations, public buses linking all provinces in Vietnam, regional countries and the world.
Best time to visit Hanoi?
The best time to visit Hanoi is in Autumn from around August to November when it is cool. Hanoi tour packages are perfectly combine with other beautiful places in the north of Vietnam like Halong Bay, Ninh Binh or Sapa to bring tourists delightful time.
What to see?
Museums: Ho Chi Minh museum, museum of ethnology, museum of history, museum of fine arts, museum of Vietnamese women, museum of Vietnam military history, Hilton prison.
Historical and cultural sites: Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, One Pillar Pagoda, Quan Thanh temple, Tran Quoc pagoda, Temple of Literature, Ngoc Son temple, Hoan Kiem Lake, old quarter of Hanoi.
Traditional handicraft villages: Bat Trang ceramic village, Van Phuc silk villag, Ha Thai lacquer village, Chuong village (making hat), Quat Dong embroidery village, Dao Thuc water puppet village.
Tourist attractions: Duong Lam ancient village, Perfume pagoda.
What to do?
1. Hanoi city tour to visit the highlights of Hanoi including Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, One Pillar pagoda, Temple of Literature, Ngoc Son Temple, Hoan Kiem lake and one of the museums.
2. Walking tour around the old streets of Hanoi to see the real life of the locals and traditional values.
3. Street food tour in Hanoi to taste the world's best cuisine.
4. Buy a ticket to enjoy Water Puppet show or traditional music show.
5. Drink cheapest draught beer at "draught beer corner". (Ta Hien - Luong Ngoc Quyen Street)
6. Shop at night market at weekend (walking streets in the old quarter on Saturdays and Sundays)
7. Cyclo ride around the old quarter.
8. Practise Ta Chi with the local around Hoan Kiem lake in early morning.
9. Experience Hanoi with motorcycle or scooter.
10. Hunt for beautiful photos.
Vietnam tours from Hanoi
Hanoi is the base for all tourists to continue wonderful Vietnam holiday to Sapa, Mai Chau valley, Tam Coc cave, Trang An grottoes, Halong bay, Cat Ba island or head south to Hue, Hoi An, Saigon...Vietnam tour from Hanoi
If you travel to Vietnam, it is recommended to book in advance and start your Vietnam tour from Hanoi, end in the south at one of the best beaches in Mui Ne, Vung Tau, Nha Trang or Phu Quoc.
Hanoi has so many things to offer and make your Vietnam holiday a great time, but it is advised to let your us know what you want so that we can customize your wishes.