The heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields is located in Ha Giang province, a place famous for its natural beauty and captivating scenery. Let's visit this heritage site with Vivutravel to understand more about how people adapt to difficult natural conditions and create unique masterpieces.
About the heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields
Referring to Ha Giang province, you must have heard at least once the name of terraced fields, the way farmers cultivate wet rice in the highlands of the country. In Hoang Su Phi, terraced fields are concentrated mainly in 6 communes, located in the west of Ha Giang province and about 100km from the city center. Thanks to the beauty, the uniqueness that is rarely found anywhere else and showing the intelligence and ingenuity of people to conquer nature. Hoang Su Phi terraced fields were honored to be granted the National Relic certificated by the Ministry of Culture. Sports and Tourism in 2012.
Discover the uniqueness of the heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields
The entire heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields has about 3,000 hectares of terraced fields spread across the hillsides of 6 communes, of which 3 are the most beautiful and famous villages, Nam Ty, Luoc and Phung. Since ancient times, people from 12 ethnic minorities in the North have come here to live, learn to adapt to the terrain, combined with the farming of the lowlands, have created masterpieces that both attract tourists and have agriculturally value. The image associated with this place is the smooth rolling fields around the hills and arranged from top to bottom in terraces.
The reason farmers in Hoang Su Phi design their fields in this way is because there is not much water in the highlands, the terrain is rough and irrigation is difficult. This farming technique helps the water from above to flow down evenly distributed to the fields in an extremely scientific way without effort.
In May to June, the heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields is covered with a green color of young seedlings. This is the time when the water on top of the hills to flow down, spreading out into a valley, and then the bright sunlight shines to create a mirror reflecting the vast sky. In the autumn, August to September, Hoang Su Phi will change to a shiny yellow shirt with the ripe rice swaying in the wind from above, looking extremely eye-catching and lively. Admiring the fields in layers, overlapping, bending as soft as a watercolor painting will definitely bring you an extremely interesting experience.
Notes when experiencing the heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields
- The most beautiful time of the year to travel to Hoang Su Phi terraced fields is in the ripe rice season from late August to September every year. Let's visit this place during that time to take pictures of the golden color of the ripe rice.
- The weather in Hoang Su Phi at the time of ripe rice is a bit chilly in the early morning and late afternoon, so bring warm pants and light jacket to keep warm.
- Book a tour to Hoang Su Phi with a local expert like Vivutravel to make sure things will be well-arranged and you will visit the most beautiful places.
Hoang Su Phi every season has its own beauty:
- Spring (January to March): Coming to Hoang Su Phi at this time, you will be able to participate in many unique cultural festivals of ethnic minorities.
- Summer (May to June): This is the time when the terraced fields in Hoang Su Phi are in the pouring water season. So, do not forget to check-in with the moment when the sunlight shines on the extremely glittering terraced fields.
- September: The most beautiful time of Hoang Su Phi, coming to Hoang Su Phi around this time you will be able to see the golden terraced fields creating a very poetic scene. This is also an ideal time to hunt for morning clouds in Hoang Su Phi.
- From January to December: It is cold and time for those who love to experience Winter of Ha Giang.
The heritage of Hoang Su Phi terraced fields is the crystallization of human wisdom and skills to conquer the extremely harsh and wonderful nature. If you have the opportunity, a tour to visit Hoang Su Phi terraced fields is highly recommended.