If you are planning a family tour to Vietnam, Vivutravel with many years of experience recommends you the best places to visit as below to enjoy your specious time with family and explore the highlights of this beautiful country of Southeast Asia.
Vietnam is the best country to go and Vietnam family vacation offers a diverse experience with rich culture, amazing sceneries, friendly people, great cuisine or pristine beaches.
Best places for a family tour in Vietnam are:
Hanoi - To have an overview of Vietnamese culture, history and the visit to Ho Chi Minh mausoleum, Temple of Literature, Hanoi's old quarter or Water Puppet show are unique. Hanoi is also a base to do daily trip to surrounding places like Tam Coc, Trang An grottoes, Cuc Phuong National Park, Mai Chau valley...
Sapa - To enjoy cool and fresh air in high mountains and see one of the most beautiful rice terraces in Asia. In Sapa, you can also meet several ethnic groups who still keep their unique traditions. Sapa homestay tour, Sapa trekking tour, Sapa market tour are offered by Vivutravel and we will combine the highlights of Sapa to make your family tour in Sapa a memorable experience.
Halong Bay - To stay romantic and relaxing night on Halong cruise which is unforgettable. Your family have the chance to explore more than 1,600 islands and islets, forming a spectacular seascape of limestone pillars. Because of their precipitous nature, most of the islands are uninhabited and unaffected by a human presence. Swimming, visiting caves, kayaking, fishing, cooking... are some of the interesting activities of this great family tour in Halong Bay.
Hoi An - To have break during your trip. Hoi An is where the north and the south meet (little Vietnam). Hoi An has while sandy beach of Cua Dai, ancient town, picturesque countryside villages..., so if you want to rest or to go on a day trip, you can always have options in Hoi An.
Ho Chi Minh City - To enjoy a more exciting activities of a modern cities after having seen enough Vietnam. This city is also the base for some nice tour to Cu Chi tunnels, Mekong delta, Mui Ne beach or Da Lat.
Phu Quoc - To stay at the end of your Vietnam family vacation. Phu Quoc island is the best place to relax on while sandy beaches, enjoy fresh seafood, free days with family and write some travel experience before flying home or the next destination.
Book your Vietnam family tour:
It is best to book online and in advance with a local travel company like Vivutravel who is expert in family vacation. You just tell us your family's needs, travel styles, ages of the kids or children..., we will prepare 100% tailor made and private family tour for your family only, which definitely meets you wants. Vivutravel will save your time and money.
Tips for family tour to Vietnam:
1. Check with your Vietnam tour operator if you will need to apply Vietnam visa or not. If yes, please read: Vietnam Visa Online: What Travellers to Vietnam Need to Know. Please remember to prepare 02 photos (4*6 cm each) and cash to pay for visa fee on arrival (if you get Vietnam visa on arrival)
2. Print all your travel documents such as travel itineraries, travel insurance, air tickets ... and keep them in a safe file.
3. Check the climate and weather of the places you will visit to prepare your clothes. For examples, there are 4 seasons in the north of Vietnam, but only 2 seasons in the south (dry and rainy seasons).
4. Prepare the medicines but no need to bring all because pharmacies are everywhere in Vietnam.
5. Cross the streets - Traffic in Vietnam is quite bad with million motorbikes. Remember to ask your tour guide to show you how to cross the streets when you arrive. (As soon as you know, traffic in Vietnam will not be dangerous as you think, but a fun experience)
6. USD, Euros are commonly used in Vietnam, you can exchanges at airport, banks in city, receptions at hotels to Vietnamese currencies (VND). To tip driver, tour guide or pay for something big in big cities or tourist places. You can use USD, Euros, but for small things, it is best to pay in VND.
7. Read about the culture shocks, because it is very different from yours. For examples, to care for you, Vietnamese may ask some personal questions or even touch your kids (head, hands, ears...) which mean " your kids are so cute or lovely".
8. Street - food is better than in restaurant in Vietnam and it is cheaper, too. However, check with your tour guide if the street-food is good or not. Should you want a real experience, book our Vietnam street food tour with Vivutravel in Hanoi or Ho Chi Minh City.
Steps to book a tour:
Step 1: Select a Tour and send us your inquiry for a free quote or submit the form below;
Step 2: We send back the detailed itinerary and quote in 1 day
Step 3: Make changes (no charge)
Step 4: Agreed and we make reservations
Step 5: We confirm and you pay 30% deposit
Step 6: Arrival, Welcome and pay the balance.