The top resorts each have fine dining but sometimes during your Vietnam holiday, you will surely want to get away from your hotel and into the towns and villages? Here are some ideas for you on Con Dao.
• Bar 200 Con Dao near to the market caters for the tourist, especially Western ones. If you are on a Vietnam family vacation and the kids want something from home, then you will find pizzas, burgers, toasted sandwiches and ice cream. The beer is nice and cold as well.
• Infiniti Café & Lounge on the corner of Pham Van Dong and Tran Huy Luu offers similar things to Bar 200 but you should certainly look at the choices of seafood on the menu.
• Thu Ba Seafood Restaurant offers Asian -style (and of course Vietnamese-style) seafood dishes that you must try. Your host speaks good English so definitely worth a visit.
• Phi Yen Restaurant is another where you should try the seafood; fish or squid perhaps? Your host speaks good English and her recommendations are worth following.
• Ot Seafood Restaurant is not cheap but the lobster, crabs and clams are worth the money. Service is good and there is plenty of variety on the menu.
• Dam Trau Village Restaurant & Bar is near the airport and has a typical café menu, with of course seafood among the favourites customers select.
• Tri Ky specialises in the local seafood and the staff speak English which is not always the case on Con Dao.
• Quan An Gia Dinh is used extensively by the locals. There are plenty of Vietnamese dishes including mackerel, squid and oysters as well as beef and pork.
If you want to meet the locals during your Vietnam travel package then get away from your hotel at times and try the local restaurants.