As more and more people visit Bagan during their Myanmar travel, there is an increasing demand for facilities that tourists are used to finding during their travels. When it comes to things to do in Myanmar, visiting Bagan is towards the top of every list and is a certain inclusion in all Myanmar travel packages. When it comes to the best time to visit Myanmar, the rainy seasonruns between June and October while the three preceding months sees temperatures rising above 40 C so high season runs either side of Christmas, four months in all. Tourists wanting to relax during a hectic itinerary may seek out spa and massage facilities, something for which South East Asia is renowned. Bagan may lag behind somewhat but as demand increases, so should alternatives.
Here are the top spa and massage alternatives at present, each being within one of the quality hotels that have become popular with visitors. No one comes to a place like Bagan simply to relax as already mentioned and there is no better way to reinvigorate yourself than to put yourself in the hands of experienced staff in a spa. In general, these facilities need to be booked in advance in high season.
• Bagan Thiripyitsaya Sanctuary Resort is one of the modern resorts offer spa treatments as a feature of the services on offer. There are facials and the range of massage includes aromatherapy, herbal oil massage and foot reflexology. Body treatments include hot volcanic stone body treatment, Royal Javanese, Thai Herbal Heat and Herbal Oil and Steam Treatments. Finally, there is a range of scrubs including chocolate body and sea salt body polish.
• Amazing Bagan Resort also has a comprehensive menu of treatments with traditional Thai Oil Massages to Head and Shoulder Massages and Foot Reflexology.
• Aye Yar River View Resort between the Royal Palace ruins and the River is another place where ladies can enjoy manicures and pedicures with the menu also including the most popular regional massages and facials.
• Bagan Lodge has 8 private treatment rooms with the menu including several massages, and packages that can combine two or three different treatments, one after another.
• As you walk into the Aureum Nature Spa within the Aureum Palace Hotel, your stress should reduce; it is a replica of an 11th Century temple so the atmosphere is an added attraction together with the relaxing treatments on offer.