There are so many things to do in Vietnam if you are considering a Vietnam family vacation that you are likely to need help and advice. It is easy to rush things and try to fit too much into a limited time. That can be a mistake, because you can always return a second time to see the things you have missed. Take Halong Bay for example, a UNESCO World Heritage site. It is stunning and worth more than a few hours of your time. You can sleep aboard a traditional junk in the Bay but there are also some nice hotels on Cat Ba Island, the largest of the many in the Bay, and they are worth serious consideration in your Vietnam customised holiday.
The best time to visit in Vietnam depends on your main interests because the country stretches so many degrees of latitude that there are obviously climatic variations. There is plenty of sunshine, even in the rainy season so don’t worry.
• Cat Ba Sunrise Resort is a short walk to the beach while there is a pool and bar just a few steps away. Each room is well-equipped and there is a spa and outdoor restaurant with the freshest of seafood.
• Monkey Island Resort has a private beach front and restaurant serving local and Western food. Guests stay in wooden bungalows and can take a sun loungers or opt for activities including fishing and kayaking.
• Cát Bà Island Resort & Spa is 500 metres from the Town. It has a private beach area and outdoor pools. Each room has a balcony while guests can relax in the spa or perhaps be more active; tennis, a games’ room and a kids’ playground.There is the Sea Shore Restaurant as well as a bar.
• Cat Ba Beach Resort has lovely bungalows in beautiful for guests and a restaurant serving local and international cuisine. The beach is seconds away and there are few better places to enjoy a BBQ.
• Draco QK3 Hotel overlooks Lan Ha Bay and is just 300 metres from the ferry terminal. There are different types of rooms, each well-equipped and a restaurant offering great cuisine.
• Princes Cát Bà is 10 minutes from the beach but nevertheless in a great holiday location. Each room is well-equipped and there is a tour desk that can arrange anything that you have not already booked. The restaurant has Asian and Western cuisine.
• Hoàng Gia Minh Hotel has double rooms as well as family rooms. It is a brand-new hotel in an ideal location from which you can explore the best of the region.
• Sea Pearl Hotel is a short walk from the beach and fronts Lan Ha Bay. There are two dining alternatives and rooms have lovely sea views. The rooms are very comfortable and you can relax in spa and sauna after a busy day.
• Hung Long Harbour Hotel sits in front of the hills and looks out to sea. Cycles are available for rent and tours can be arranged by the front desk. The Harbour Restaurant offers a wide range of cuisine available both inside and outside.
• The Whisper of Nature Bungalow is in Viet Hai Village near the National Park. Traditional village house accommodation makes it a very special place to stay and the on-site restaurant offers local cuisine.
Halong Bay is certainly one of the best places to visit in Vietnam and booking accommodation on Cat Ba is one way to fully experience this lovely location. Whether you choose a beachfront location or not, you will not regret staying.