There is so much to see and do in Vietnam that some real gems tend to be overlooked. Ninh Binh Province and the Red River Delta do not get the attention it deserves so if you are thinking about a Vietnam tour package, take a closer look and ask about its inclusion. A good Vietnam travel agent can usually tailor a Vietnam holiday to a client’s wishes. Ninh Binh is sometimes described as Halong Bay on land. Halong Bay is the stunning UNESCO World Heritage site on the east coast. The Karst scenery differs little from the limestone islands in this wonderful Bay.
Hanoi is just over two hours to the west but there are hotels in Ninh Binh which means that you can do more than a flying visit because there is not only stunning scenery. The region has a long cultural history that is also worth exploring so take a look at these suggestions for somewhere to stay:
• Emeralda Resort Ninh Binh in Gia Vien District is 5-star quality, a sign that there is demand for luxury in this region. There is a range of rooms, a nice restaurant, spa and meeting facilities, everything you would expect of quality accommodation.
• Ninh Binh Hidden Charm Hotel & Resort in Hoa Lu close to Tam Coc Cave is 5-star accommodation with all the facilities you would expect from that, including spa and an outdoor pool that is open throughout the year. There are 125 comfortable rooms of differing sizes, something to suit everyone.
• Tam Coc Garden behind the Bich Dong Pagoda just 4 km from the centre of Tam Coc has deluxe bungalows as well as a pool.
• Chez Loan in Tam Coc has become famous because Loan, its owner is a cordon bleu chef. It has 2 bungalows and a further 15 rooms.
• Ninh Binh Legend Hotel is in the centre of the city. It is a great base for touring in the region while its facilities such as spa, massage and pool means it is an excellent place to relax at the end of the day.
• Thuy Anh Hotel is in the heart of town, close to the Market and Post Office. It is made up of two buildings with 37 simple and comfortable rooms, each with Wi-Fi, TV and balcony. The buildings are linked by the restaurant between.
• Vissai Hotel is another city centre hotel with fitness facilities and outdoor pool. All of the rooms have free Wi-Fi and minibar. There is a restaurant and after you finish your dinner, try the night club.
There are also guesthouses and hostels locally while it is also possible to book a homestay to really get close to rural life. That is an especially good experience if you are on a Vietnam family holiday which you hope will be an educational experience, as well as fun, for the kids. While there is much to see in Vietnam, there is no need to rush because the internal transport system is good, and air flight is cheap.