Da Lat has become an increasingly popular inclusion in Vietnam travel packages. The environment is a contrast from bustling cities like Hanoi, or the coastal beach resorts. It has become a destination of choice for couples on a Vietnam honeymoon vacation and equally popular for those travelling in Vietnam with kids. What it isn’t is a city with modern-day nightlife of discos and clubs. There is minimal demand for that as everyone wants to make maximum use of the daylight hours.
Obviously, there are restaurants, but if you are dining in your hotel and then want to spend some time out in the City in the evening then there are some bars where you can drop in for a drink, though all of them tend to close around midnight.
• The Hangout Bar in Truong Cong Dinh Street near the Peace Hotel is a popular place with tourists who meet to exchange stories of their experiences in Vietnam to date. It is in the centre of the city, the beer is cheap and cold and there are pool tables, darts, TV and free wi-fi as well as an open-air frontage. Customers are able to pick the music and generally get a warm welcome. It.
• Beepub also in Truong Cong Dinh Street attracts a fairly young crowd, tourists as well as locals. It is friendly and cheap with a DJ playing pop and rock until a live band comes on around 9pm.
• Cafe 13 in Tang Bat Ho Street where it meets Truong Cong Dinh Street is a good place to relax after a busy day. The garden bar helps create a lovely atmosphere and it is further enhanced by the pop culture décor. The drinks are cheap and if you have not eaten there is a choice of Vietnamese and western including bacon and eggs, steaks and burgers.
• Larry's Bar is a fairly upmarket bar in the Da Lat PalaceHotel. It is wood-panelled though it has pool and darts so it is in no way formal. The beer is good and there is an early happy hour.
• V Life on Le Dai Hanh Street close to the Da Lat night market is the closest thing to a night club in Da Lat. It is more expensive than the typical city bars.
• Rain Club on Lê Hồng Phong is frequented mostly by locals so it is a club with slightly cheaper prices.