Hanoi is an exciting city. If you are looking for a city anywhere in the world that you and the rest of the family will enjoy then Hanoi should be on the shortlist. It is an education in itself; history, religion, culture, lifestyle, the list goes on. Some hotels are more family-friendly than others and here is a list of suggestions that are likely to be included in a good Hanoi travel guide. There is something in all price ranges and a Vietnam travel agent in Hanoi will be more than happy to provide help and advice.
• Medallion Hotel in the centre of the action, Old Quarter not too far from Hoan Kiem Lake, has adjoining rooms that are suitable for family bookings. It has established a reputation as a great place for families at a reasonable price.
• May De Ville Old Quarter wins for location and if the family want to go to the Water Puppet Theatre near Hoan Kiem Lake, it is just a short walk away. There is a varied menu that will keep everyone in the family happy, even those wanting a western meal.
• Somerset Grand has apartments that are ideal for a family. It presents great value and its location is definitely a hit with everyone who wants to have major attractions close by.
• Essence Hanoi is another in the heart of the action yet is quiet as soon as you walk through the door after your tour of Hanoi. Nothing is too much trouble; excellent service and lovely breakfast to start the day.
• Hanoi Paradise Hotel has a pool which is popular with families. It has an excellent central location yet the noise does not come in from the streets.
• Golden Sun Legend Hotel welcomes families; it has become a regular for families looking for a combination of location and value.
• La Siesta Hotel Trendy in the centre of Old Hanoi is a renovated hotel with great service, a nice restaurant and is quiet despite all the action outside.
• Elegance Diamond Hotel has accommodation to suit families and its location makes it an ideal choice. Old Hanoi and Hoan Kiem Lake are on the doorstep.
• Tirant Hotel ticks all the boxes for a family wishing to stay in a central location with Hanoi’s Old Quarter attractions close at hand.
• Serenity Hotel in the Old Quarter close to plenty of amenities and activities has family suites and interconnecting rooms, Wi-Fi and satellite television with English language channels.
When a family travels together on holiday to Vietnam there are many considerations and the location of their accommodation is certainly high on the list. In the case of Hanoi, the Old Quarter is undoubtedly the best choice and there are many places geared to cater for families looking for value for money. Many of the hotels listed above have developed a reputation for that and it is important to book to ensure you get your preferred choice for your Vietnam family holiday.